By Dani - New Growth Wellness
Dani is a nutrition and wellness coach who focuses on sugar addiction and the process of removing sugar from the daily diet. She has developed a comprehensive cookbook which is available to all Skin Rebooters for 50% off with the coupon code: [miikoreboot]
Here is a link to her website and this sneak peak recipe from the cookbook: https://www.newgrowthwellness.com/banana-oat-pancakes-chocolate-sauce/
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Serves: 2 (approx. 6 pancakes)
• 2 medium bananas, mashed
• 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp ground flax
• 6 Tbsp water
• 1 cup oat flour
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1. In a small bowl, mix the flax and water until combined. Set aside to thicken.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed banana, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, & flax mixture.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, & nutmeg.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined (don’t overmix). Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
5. Make the chocolate sauce: In a double boiler, combine the cacao powder and coconut oil until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium. Lightly oil with coconut oil. When a splash of water sizzles, it’s ready. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter into the pan. Once the underside is lightly golden (about 4 minutes), flip with a spatula and cook the other side until brown.
7. Serve warm and top with sliced banana and chocolate sauce.
Comments will be approved before showing up.