Our Business Model
What Does Sustainability Mean to Miiko Skin Co?
At Miiko Skin Co., we are committed to building a Circular Economy. To us, this means taking responsibility for the environmental implications involved in the production of natural skincare products for all, and investing in systems that ensure a circular economy is possible and accessible for all.
From ingredient sourcing to manufacturing & packaging, to where we choose to sell our products, we're committed to making a real impact on the health of the environment and the future of our planet.
Learn more below about our circular business model and the icons we use to showcase these values & ethics below!
The Circular Economy Business Model at Miiko Skin Co
While shopping for Miiko Skin Co you will recognize the custom icons seen below.
Each icon represents an important statement about our ethics as a company.
RefillableRefill any of your Miiko Skin Co products in blue glass bottles at a local Refill Store or purchase Bulk Size online and refill at home.
Return bottles you don’t use and we will sanitize and reuse them.
Bottles Diverted From
Landfill/Recycling Stream to Date:
- All Miiko Skin Co recipes and products are designed and handmade in house.
- Many ingredients are grown and made in British Columbia.
- All ingredients are purchased through local suppliers in BC and Canada.
- Supports local economy: 90% of the money we spend on our ingredients stays right here in British Columbia.
- Local suppliers keeps carbon footprint lower
- All print media is printed on sugar sheet paper
- 2017 - Green Business Certification
- 2018 - Surfrider Certification
- All of our shipping and packaging is 100% recyclable, reusable, returnable, or refillable.
- Absolutely no testing on animals
- What goes into all skincare products eventually will go down the drain. There are no synthetic or artificial ingredients in our products because we believe this is a form of pollution.
- No parabens, SLS, SLES, phthalates, triclosan, BHT, BHA, coal tar dyes, DEA, dibutyl phthalate, parfum, fragrance, formaldehyde releasing preservatives, PEGS, pteroleum bi-products, siloxanes.
- We do not purchase any ingredients that have been refined, bleached, deodorized, washed with toxic chemicals, diluted, or are exposed to oxidative stress (become rancid)
- No plastic or aluminum containers to avoid leaching of chemicals into the product.
- Harness the power of the whole plant for the true benefit gifted from nature.
- Ingredients are either organic, raw, or wild
- No synthetic ingredients - everything is 100% natural